Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Southern Move Resolve

If my planned move south to our beach condo for upcoming winters needed any stimulation, it surely received that overnight. That motivation came in the way of 18 to 20 inches of windblown snow. The center of Worcester recorded 15 inches but I know we got more up on top of this hill although its hard to calculate because there was so much wind and subsequent drifting. Worcester did a good job of plowing but that meant a snow bank almost as tall as my shoulders at the end of my driveway. It was so big I had to knock it down in pieces for the snow blower to gobble. We got lucky in that it was dry, powdery snow so it wasn’t really hard to move although the snow blower did bark a few times at the amount it had to lift.

This Weekend's Birthday Girl

She Might be a Little Excited
My Favorite Cousin tried to call me yesterday from his Florida condo, I think to rub some salt in the wounds of my very northern weather. Unfortunately (or fortunately if that was the reason) he called just as I was starting a zoom meeting with all of my GMs. I called back after the meeting but got no answer. I fervently hope he was sitting at a beachside bar sipping a favorite adult beverage. As I said, my motivation to be down in Panama during this time of year has skyrocketed, even with the generous application of hot chocolate after coming in from the driveway. Damn Covid!

Some Time Lapse Photos - Deckzilla Before the Storm

Backyard

Just Before Sundown - 6 inches on ground


This Morning - Wind Scoured 18-20 inches


Front Steps Were Gone

There's a Driveway Out there Somewhere

View From Garage as I started Snow Blower

Wife Took Some Pictures of the Snow Clearing


Cutting Through to the Street

Back Yard

Knocking Down Snow Bank into Smaller Pieces


Final Passes
We weren’t the only ones benefiting from the massive storm. My daughter’s family got even more snow than we did down in New Jersey. The FBR kept me apprised all day as the storm raged down there before appearing up in New England. She guestimated they had received 18 inches half way through the storm and went so far to measure which revealed her estimate was spot on. Her only complaint was the lack of backyard hill like we have to slide down on.

FBR Got Carried Away with Filter on FaceTime Last Night

With Wingman
New Jersey Snow
The BRS and BR3 have a snow day today as my son’s fami
ly also had to deal with the storm. I’m sure Riggins is cavorting in the snow with the BRS as I write this. I’ve noticed Golden Retrievers have a special affinity for the white stuff. The BRS is also getting excited for this weekend’s birthday celebration for her reaching the end of her second year. I’m fairly certain cake will be involved. I’ll have to polish up Bonecrusher this week.

Our Other Snow Bunny - BR3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment