Thursday, February 11, 2021

Musical Beds and 100 Jewels

Today we are scheduled to receive the new bed for the master bedroom. That meant the existing bed, with its thousands of parts to disassemble, had to be moved. I may have exaggerated a bit there. I had a simple plan of moving it into one of the guest rooms where the bed had only a frame supporting it. As with most of my brilliant plans, this did not survive contact with my Favorite Panamanian. She decided the bed needed to be moved into the old master bedroom and the bed in that room then needed to be moved into the room where I was originally moving the displaced bed into. Have you been able to follow the bouncing bed steads? It all made perfect sense (to her). It’s not as if there was a lot else going on in Pandemia so my usual portfolio of excuses was unavailable.

Sparkle Haired FBR


Today marks the 100th day of school for the FBR which meant a 100-day party. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of this type event but I would be the last person in the world to argue about having a party (see prior posts for overwhelming evidence in that regard). In honor of the party the FBR decided she wanted to have her mother put 100 plastic jewels into her hair. I’m not sure how they accomplished it this morning but the FBR headed off to school festooned as depicted in the pictures. The girl has style. I only hope she doesn’t realize what a weapon all those jewels make if she starts twirling her pandemically long hair about. I’m not sure what made me think of that. As you can see from the other pictures, she is not the only granddaughter enamored of the sparkly stuff. The BRS loves a dress gifted to her by Great Aunt featuring the same type decorations.

BRS in her Sparkle Dress

Hanging with BR3

BR3 Signature Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment