Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wintery Dichotomy

There is a serious contradiction in how I was going to spend this winter, another gift from the Chinese need to eat bats and the resulting pandemic. I was reminded of the very stark contrast when my sister-in-law sent some pictures from our condo, where we should be right now. The disparity is even more evident when I look out the front door where we got five more inches of snow yesterday. Mother Nature is making up for lost time in punishing my Favorite Panamanian for missing the last ten or so winters. This is karma, once again, coming to bite me in the posterior, as I have, for the past few years, sent my frozen New England friends pictures from the condo when I’ve been down there for a couple weeks. This year was supposed to be the whole winter but for those g-damned bat eaters. I’m sharing some of the different views for you to appreciate my quandary.

Sunset at our Condo Pool

View Out Our Front Door
Alright, enough venting, as I’m sure the aforementioned New England friends are basking in the glow of my frustration. Since it was snowing yesterday and my wife needed to go into the center of Worcester for a dentist appointment, I was designated as her driver. That designation came from her, of course. The fact that she refuses to drive on snow covered roads did not prevent her from offering me a running commentary on how I should be driving though. Consistency, that’s what I love about our marriage.

Inbound for the Weekend!
We will be spending some time with my Favorite Son’s family for the second weekend in a row, so that should help immensely. They’re coming down to help celebrate my Favorite Panamanian’s birthday on this rare occasion when she is not in Panama for said event. The good news is the BRS loves to play in the snow and we’ve got plenty of that as well as a saucer to slide down the back hill on the FBR approved course. There are some good things about a cold winter but look at those sunsets, wouldn’t you be pissed (but I digress)?

Condo Beach

That Sunset!!!!

View From Condo Balcony

Our Front Yard
Yesterday also saw the start of former President Trump’s second impeachment trial. It was fascinating viewing. I’m sure Trump was having conniption fits when he saw the performance of his lawyers. He must have had to go with the second string because these guys were not up to the challenge (granted an almost undefendable client). Trump must have gone apoplectic when the lawyers said the reason Trump couldn’t be tried was because he had lost the election, something Trump has never admitted. These guys are never going to get paid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment