Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday Routinized

One of the less inspiring aspects of life in Pandemia is the imposition of routines. While this is beneficial and productive in certain areas, such as exercise, it can lead to a certain amount of frustration as well. As I sit here writing this, I realize just how routine my Sundays have become. I’ve completed the grocery store run, the clothes are in the washing machine, and I’m about to be finished with the blog (I know – you’re thinking the sooner the better). This means I have the afternoon to spend in the Man Cave. The scary aspect of that at this time of year means I have to face that situation without the NFL and before baseball season kicks in. I know more difficult problems exist in the world and I have over 1500 movies I could latch onto but the pandemic has wrung that joy out of me to a certain extent. Who knew that was even possible? I know, serious stuff.

The stiff upper arm from the Covid vaccine magically went away yesterday as everyone who has had it told me it would. Now I just have to wait for Bill Gates to start downloading instructions. I didn’t realize how many simply ludicrous people there are in the world (okay, to be honest, there have been clues) until I saw the many anti-vaccine posts and memes. I think, in the interest of the good of the species we should start a “dud on the month club”. We should all vote on the most idiotic, senseless, and potentially harmful post to the internet during a given month. Once the votes have been tallied the selected “dud” would then be lobotomized. I think the anti-vaxxers would finish high in the vote tally. This has to help deepen the gene pool.

I know. You’re wondering if I’m serious. So am I.

Video Call with Wife's Family

The Musqueteras!
Friday nights have become a very welcome routine. I know this doesn’t come as a news flash to anyone who knows me but I’m speaking about the Friday evening video calls that the pandemic has routinized. We had three calls on Friday with the Family First Friday Facetime call followed by one with my Favorite Panamanian’s family. I then descended the stairs while my wife and the Musqueteras entertained each other for a few hours. I know I’m going to be in big trouble for posting these photos but what is life without a little danger, it could impact my routines!

Finished Another Puzzle
Back to the Easy Ones
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment