Sunday, February 21, 2021

Guilty Victory

I was slogging through another pandemic Saturday flitting away time in the Man Cave when I received an excited text from Wingman. He’s assisting us with trying to find a Covid vaccine appointment and he let me know he was trying to get us one right here in Worcester since a bunch of appointments had opened up. I joined the hunt and on my first try was successful in getting an appointment! I immediately went back to the same site trying to get my Favorite Panamanian set up and even thought they showed over 500 appointments available, by the time I entered her information, all appointments had been filled, reminiscent of my six hour ordeal on Thursday. I figured I had to enter first because it asks for insurance information and I’m the policy holder. This kind of killed all the excitement generated by my successful appointment.

BR3 Last Evening
It was a long trudge upstairs to inform her that while I had good news for me, I had failed her. Her initial elation at my good news was immediately tempered but she then fell back to say that it was in God’s hands and He didn’t want her vaccinated yet. Sometimes the approaching fanatical Catholicism of my significant other comes in handy. I still felt terrible because this was something we wanted to get done together and I thought the cosmos was lining up because the state opened vaccination up for those 65+ just a few days after her 65th birthday. Both Wingman and I are haunting the state website hoping to pick off a stray appointment as they become available. I still feel defeated.

BR3 Waving at Us

Psychedelic FBR
That feeling was definitely mollified last evening when the granddaughters teamed up to lift my spirits. The FBR invited us to yet another Highschool Musical dance party. She handled the dancing part and turned on the comic book filter to make a truly psychedelic experience. She was followed by BR3 who has learned to emphatically wave at the camera every time she hears our voices. She’s on the verge of crawling and talking and exhibited both last night. One thing the granddaughters have collectively taught me is how fast this whole growing up thing happens. Probably not so much for the parents but I always tell them to cherish these moments of sleepless nights and toilet training because once they’ve gone, they’re gone for good. While that may be good news in certain respects, there are so many more moments to rejoice in than the tough parts. The BRS was only available for limited time for us because of the aforementioned toilet training. And so it goes.

The Family's Next Generation Dancing Queen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment