Friday, February 19, 2021

Lesson Re-Learned

I just re-read my post from yesterday and it reminded me of a lesson we’ve all had to learn with the advent of email. That lesson - never compose an email when you’re angry, frustrated or at least review it before sending. I guess it applies to blog writing as well because what I wrote yesterday was akin to gibberish. My Cantankerous Friend called me on it, which I know he takes devilish pleasure in. He pointed out there were a lot more important things to worry about than the vagaries of trying to land a vaccine appointment.

Properly chastised I will attempt to rectify the situation. I’m still really frustrated and POed because I was ultimately unsuccessful in landing an appointment after seven hours on the computer. However, I have my health (or a reasonable facsimile of same) as well as a warm house, a beautiful wife, and great friends/family. Oh, and it is also the First Friday of the Week!!!! What’s not to like? I also get a personalized dance party each night from the FBR. I feel like I’ve seen all three movies in the Highschool Musical trilogy because both the FBR and BRS are huge fans. I’ve been told/threatened with having to watch all three with the FBR the next time we can get together.

Inside joke with my Favorite Panamanian
Outside of my frustration levels spiking, yesterday was also a momentous day for the space program. NASA landed a fairly large rover on Mars and sent back some pictures form the red planet. It looks like Kuwait, which doesn’t necessarily recommend it very much. The probe is car sized, equipped with a drill that will do what drills do, and drill down into the surface to retrieve soil samples. These samples will eventually be transported back to earth and used to determine if there was ever life on Mars. I’m sure Tom Cruise will be watching for strange streaks of light impacting Earth. As is required nowadays the phots produced the usual number of memes which were too funny to pass up on. I’m glad Matt Damon finally has company up on the red planet.

Kuwaitish Mars Landscape


Of Course

Yay Matt!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment