Thursday, February 25, 2021

Manna Fallen for my Guilt

I wrote last week about the guilt I felt for lining up a Covid vaccine appointment this week (actually later today) but failing to get one for my Favorite Panamanian (not through lack of effort mind you). That was resolved late on Tuesday when I received an email from my health care provider asking me if I wanted to sign up for a shot – this week! Since we have the same provider I checked and my wife had the same message and I signed her up. She received her first shot yesterday! So, win and guilty conscience is completely vanquished as I re-attained hero status within the household. I was a little nervous because she is so susceptible to drug interactions but she sailed through without an issue although they kept her for extra time based on her history.

At the Vax Site
She is feeling a little sore in the injection site today which caused her to lose some sleep overnight but we keep telling ourselves this is so much better than the alternative. I’m a little pissed that my medical provider made it so easy. Both Wingman and I spent hours over the past week scouring the websites hoping to land a vaccination appointment only to have this literally fall into my lap. I guess it’s all about effort and generating good karma; whatever, I’ll  take it.

FBR Out Strolling

And Working Out
The granddaughters continue to be a source of unfathomed depths of pride each time we talk with them. The FBR has spent some of her time away from school this week to take walks with Wingman in the snow. I received an excited update about discovering a frozen pond yesterday which was then subjected to a barrage of snow balls. BR3 remains a very happy baby. Her parents are also happier as she has taken to sleeping through the night again. They have a big move coming up where BRS moves into the former (freshly painted) guest room while BR3 gets the BRS’ old room. It’s not as if changes like this might interrupt sleep cycles or anything (fingers firmly crossed). BR3 does light up whenever she hears my Favorite Panamanian’s voice and immediately starts to rock in cadence with one of their games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment