Friday, October 9, 2020

Two Weeks

I’m celebrating being prostateless for two whole weeks today! The biggest thing to celebrate is the pathology on the removed gland which I wrote about in my last post. Then again, today just happens to be the first Friday of the Week and I have two virtual happy hours to attend this afternoon, so, celebrations indeed! One is with my boss so I’m not sure of the protocol, I’ll keep the beer below camera range until I’m sure. The second, more important one, is the weekly family Facetime call, complete with Mexican sombrero. This is the best thing, by far, to come out of the pandemic.

BRS Flipping Off

I’ve spent the last few days teaching myself how to control my newly somnolent bladder. This is apparently a last present from my friend, Mr. Foley. The catheter in place makes the bladder lazy according to the visiting nurse who stopped by a couple times to check up on me. I’m now a proud practitioner of Kegel Exercises three times a day. Since ruminations on incontinence are not for the faint of heart, I’ll not pursue this line of cogitation further. You are welcome!

BRS and BR3 Hanging Out

BR3 More Alert Each Day

A Devastating Smile as Well

It’s been a busy week in granddaughter land. The grand backyard plan of Wingman was finally realized with the delivery of a load of sod. He has transformed a very uneven, weed infested jungle he found when they bought the place to pristine playground complete with in-ground sprinklers. He has spent the last couple years tirelessly removing the huge tree root system that had grown in during the many years of neglect by the prior owners. They’ll now be able to watch their backyard movies from a luxurious grass infield.

The New Backyard

The New Hampshire bunch has been likewise very busy as only a house with a precocious two year old combined with a six month old can get. The ABFA sent some great pictures of the BRS and BR3. The one at the top shows her just after removing her binky but I told the ABFA the photo will go in family lore as the first time the BRS gave us the bird. The BRS is blessed with more than her fair share of attitude so as she gets older it will be very believable that she was in fact flipping us off.




We’re very excited to have them visiting us this weekend. Our first post-surgery visitors. The Favorite Panamanian is rushing around getting ready and left me with one job, finding the pump to inflate the toddler bed for the BRS. I did eventually find it and the bed is fully inflated but I’m going to have to explain to my beloved how her favorite chicken and angel figurines were sacrificed to the effort. I moved something in my search which resulted in a chain reaction and both glass figurines shattered on the floor. They are well beyond my well-practiced super-gluing abilities. If this is my last post then you’ll know I was murdered by my wife when she finds out. I am now frantically searching internet for replacements, wish me luck!

Favorite Panamanian Redecorated Living Room This Week

We Have our Ballots!!! Vote as if Our Future is on the Line!





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment