Friday, October 2, 2020

D-Day + 7

September is now a couple days behind me and I could not be happier. This is usually my favorite time of year but for reasons all too well chronicled here my September was less than ideal with various medical and dental authorities excising hunks of me out. I am now a full week amongst the prostateless. The Foley catheter and I have reached an uneasy co-existence where I try to respect the physical limitations it imposes on my activities. That’s easy to understand given the point of contact employed.

Coming in From Today's First Walk
I still have a weekend to get through but Monday’s catheter removal appointment is labeled with the boldest ink possible. If the weekend is imminent that means today is the First Friday of the Week! This afternoon will se the return of the family FaceTime call with my sombrero and the first beer I’ve had in two weeks. That the longest I’ve gone without beer since my last Middle East tour but I haven’t missed it. At least I won’t have to worry about charging out for repeated rest room breaks, silver lining indeed.

Puzzle Completed 
I finished off a large puzzle yesterday in large part because the FBR expected progress each day. It was one of the castles we’d visited exactly one year ago during our European vacation. I’ve achieved a real sense of isolation over the past week since I’m not allowed to drive with the catheter in place and not really wanting to get out anyways. I do miss being able to do the simple chores around the house but I have a very strict and vigilant nurse in my Favorite Panamanian who forbids me anything not allowed by the doctor’s instructions. In a sign October will definitely be a better month whoopie pies finally reappeared at the grocery store and my wife laid in a double supply. Each day is better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment