Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Finish Line

We are thankfully approaching the finish line for this year’s presidential election. Something I think the vast majority of Americans have been looking forward to for four years since that bleak day in 2016. As we approach the Twitterer in Chief seems to be getting more and more desperate. He has turned into a real denier of scientific research and even more unbelievably, the pandemic, despite having caught it himself. He’s trying to tap into the prevalent Covid fatigue as everyone is sick of the needed restrictions. I’m not sure if this is a chosen strategy or he really is this stupid. I long for the day when we won’t have a national policy set via Twitter. It’s too bad that, being 2020, we won’t be able to celebrate as much as election day will warrant.

BRS on Her Nature Walk

I’m no pundit but I’m guessing this could be a Reagan-esque level landslide and Trump has no one to blame except himself and his uncontrollable ego. He just can’t help himself. Some of my left leaning friends and family have expressed concern that the military and other executive branch offices will back him if he tries to deny the results of the election. I assure them the military takes it oath to the constitution and we take that oath a lot more seriously than the Commander in Chief. I mean we stood by while Bill Clinton won a second term and there has not been a president more reviled by the military than that asshat.

All My Granddaughters are Fashion Explosions

My Son Nature Walking with BR3

I'm Guessing an Example of a Native American House

We’ve been a bit out of touch with the FBR as apparently our cache for FaceTime is wearing thin. It’s inevitable as kids get older but we hope this is only a blip. No such issues with the other granddaughters. The BRS was delighted to see us last night and would sound off if the camera was turned to her equally delightful sister for any stretch of time. They were coming off a weekend adventure where they took a family nature walk through the Great Bay area of New Hampshire.

BRS Consoling her Good Buddy Riggins

Riggins is undergoing some sort of psychological issue. He’s always been sensitive to alarms or even minor mechanical sounds, such as the kitchen vent. Dogs can also hear sounds we cannot so my Favorite Son and the ABFA are going through the treasure trove of child toys and their attendant noise making capabilities to see if that is spooking him. My son thinks it could be an ultimate breakdown with having to deal with the two interlopers (granddaughters) that have cut into his peace and quiet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment