Saturday, October 3, 2020

D-Day + 8

There was a welcome return to almost normal yesterday with celebrations for the First Friday of the Week. I say “normal” in its 2020 pandemical version where we gather around iPad screens to share libations with the far flung family. I secured my first ever prostateless beer (with large Mexican sombrero in place) and everything went swimmingly. The catheter in place meant no breaks for rushes to the rest room but on balance I think I would have preferred the rushes. I awoke this morning needing to make catheter anchor repairs. There’s an adhesive patch attached to the leg to keep the tube from pulling more than it should and that had broken overnight. Luckily the nurse, during our hospital discharge, gave us a spare. After some consultation with the Favorite Panamanian with some trepidation on how to apply we were back in business fully anchored. My wife has truly been a Godsend over the past week. It’s been the first health issue I’ve ever had where every new day brings a noticeable improvement.

This Morning in the Cave

The big news yesterday, which has to go in the “what goes around comes around” category, was our president has the ‘rona and was admitted to Walter Reed Medical Center. After politicizing a health crisis and denigrating the use of a facemask Lady Karma up and bit him in the butt. I spent a lot of time at Waler Reed during my assignments in DC, it’s where my son was born. I know I’m spitting into a gale force wind but I hope this will open his mind about public health measures. One month to go.

Silly Sock Day at Preschool

The Socks

So Camera Shy

The granddaughters are back on the blog today with some great pictures. It was silly sock day at the FBR’s pre-school and she dominated, per usual. They are hosting a late afternoon pizza party with Wingman’s incomparable creations. It will be outside and socially distanced. BR3 is quickly becoming a favorite at her day care facility. While the BRS was always scowling as a baby, BR3 beams for the camera. As you can see from the accompanying photos the BRS has solved he scowling issue as well. She noticed how much BR3 enjoyed rolling in acorns that she smuggled some home from day care for her sister.

BR3 at Day Care

Rolling on Acorns

BRS Joining in the Fun

Great Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment