Friday, July 3, 2020

Raking it In


I guess today is a dress rehearsal for retirement days. I have the day off from work due to Independence Day and since the pandemic is still simmering out there we didn’t make any plans. So, this is what life will be like in less than a month. I think I’m going to like it. There will be new rules to abide by though. I was told in no uncertain terms that I couldn’t leave the bed this morning since I didn’t have to leave for work. Apparently, my service as a heat source for my Favorite Panamanian took precedence over anything else.
The New Garden Tool Storage Racks
I eventually won my release by reminding her I needed to maintain my morning workout regimen. She agreed but complained that I was getting too skinny since she could feel my ribs for the first time since I retired from the Army. After breakfast we both ended up outside where a nascent flag pole location controversy is brewing. I want to put it right in front of the house while she wants to consume more of the front, side yard by creating an addition to her vast garden complex. I usually acquiesce to her style sense because mine is nonexistent but I don’t think she’s taking into account that the tree will hopefully grow and flag poles are not easily moved once they’re implanted.
Things That Make you go "Hmmm"
I know I complained earlier this week about a lack of projects but it turns out they’re not hard to create. Due to my overreliance on brute force and ignorance at times I’ve broken a couple rakes over the years. My life, due to my proximity to the Favorite Panamanian is semi-ruled by Pinterest which I’m forced to look at whenever my wife needs to bolster a style argument, for example flag poles. In one of these episodes I noted the refurbishment of rake heads into tool racks.
Latest Puzzle
I spent the morning wire brushing the rake heads and then spray painting them white. They’re now mounted on the garage wall where they will hopefully serve as a storage place for my wife’s garden tools. She’ll never admit it but she’s almost as bad as I am about storing tools and then complaining they can’t be found. I guess I’m turning into quite the homebody. Thanks Pinterest and Covid 19, now, about that flagpole location.
I completed the FBR requested jigsaw puzzle of four dogs last night. I knew that girl had some of my canine worship genes! The puzzle was not a lot of fun with some weird pieces and similar colors but I felt driven to please the FBR. It seems a four-year-old rules my existence, along with a two-year-old, and a one month old, not to mention a certain Panamanian. Well, at least they’re all beautiful women I could not have fared better. I also knocked out the next in my Christopher Nolan movie watch with The Dark Knight; even better than I remembered.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment