Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Memory Dump


I awoke this morning to realize I only had three full days of full time work ahead of me. Forever. While that is certainly food for thought I’m committed to seeing this through to the finish line and won’t take any extra time off. I’ve spent the last couple weeks emptying the walls of my office which has brought a number of comments from fellow employees who had grown accustomed to the “I Love Me” walls. I have the daunting task now on figuring out how to hang all that self-important accoutrement in the Man Cave, but that’s next week.
BRS Helping BR3 Passing on Toddler Hints
The biggest current challenge is transferring both my Favorite Panamanian’s and my cell phone to a new carrier. The new iPhones arrived in the mail yesterday and I have sought tutelage from my tech support team, the I-Phone master himself, Wingman. I probably present his greatest challenge ever when it comes to long range tech advice. I’m going for it tomorrow with both my wife and my phones getting backed up to the cloud tonight. I know, I didn’t even know that was possible. If someone can’t reach me on the cell phone over the next couple days you now know the reason. I learned the valuable lesson to not let your photo collection get out of hand. I had over 10,000 photos and videos on the phone dating back to 2016. A surprising number of them were duplicates because why take one photo of a granddaughter when you can take ten. I spent three hours last night deleting the duplicates to get it down to a manageable state.
BR3 Sleeping Angel
Since there wasn’t enough going on, the trickster gods decided to send me another challenge. My long overdue flag pole arrives today! The challenge will be digging a very deep hole through the rocks and clay, but it’s not as if I don’t have extensive experience in that regard. The upside is that I then get to play with concrete! I want the flag up to celebrate retirement as well as signal just how much I love this country, even with all its current warts.
Latest Besson Watch
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment