Thursday, July 23, 2020

Late Night Visit and Tire Down


My Favorite Panamanian has always waged a lively contest with the back yard, squirrels, rabbits and chipmunks concerning their raids on her vast garden complex. A couple weeks ago I noted the arrival of a new herbivore as Mother Nature pulled out the big guns and sent a couple deer to inhabit the patch of forest behind the house. These are apex predators when it comes to some of my wife’s favorite flowers so she was not amused. I was checking the ring camera history yesterday and noted some strange activity around midnight. When I pulled up the video, first one then two full-grown deer walked into the picture and sized up the front yard gardens. War could be imminent.
The Visitors
I love my now venerable Camry. I’ve had it longer than any other car I’ve ever owned and it hardly ever needs maintenance. It does however seem to have a troubling tendency to attract road debris. For the third time (second in the last year) I had a tire blow out on me last night after running over something in the road. I was on my way to the grocery store after work and only going about 75MPH on I-190 when the car in front of me swerved to avoid the debris that got me. I could have yanked the wheel to evade it but I had no desire to rejuvenate my airborne status. I got the car to the side of the road and decided to wimp out and call AAA instead of changing it myself. Keene Friend passed by on his way home and called me just as AAA showed up. My Man Card and ego took another big hit when the person emerging from the truck was female. She was extremely competent and had me on my way in less than five minutes after arriving although my self-image will take some time to recover.
 

                                            
Besson Progress
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment