Monday, March 23, 2020

Subdued Return


I reacquired my Favorite Panamanian last night although it came with a social distancing clause. She was so concerned with her exposure during her flights back that we need to wait two weeks before any physical contact to protect me from any potential contamination picked up on her trip back. My willingness to chance that eventuality fell on deaf ears. She caught literally the last flight out of Panama for an entire month. She arrived wearing a face mask and gloves.
Favorite Panamanian Returns!
Complete with Halo Intact
Pre-warned, I showed up with a bunch of alcohol wipes which we used to wipe down her luggage before putting it in the car. She then sat in the back seat for the drive home joking that I had fully transitioned to the role of her chauffer. The phrase “Home, James” was even used. Although I can’t grab her, it’s so good to get her home. It also came in handy having two master bedroom suites. She got the new one since I had saved a bunch of Spanish TV shows for her on that television. Since I couldn’t bring her usual bouquet of roses this time I substituted a week’s worth of ironing done.
Son and BRS in their Matching Quarantine Outfits
I spent the entire weekend prior to her arrival cleaning (and ironing). We were really well prepared for the virus outbreak in terms of cleaning supplies. My wife has always kept a generous supply based on her goal of achieving pristine, sanitary levels of cleanliness, even before the virus. I’m not saying the consumption rate on those supplies went down in her absence but you can read between the lines. The rest of my weekend was spent deeply immersed in the Marvel universe. Since I last posted I watched an additional eight movies.

FBR in Art Class
The kids are also doing well. The FBR returned to our rock skipping creek discovered during my last visit. Wingman reported achieving the around the bend epic rock skip that eluded him during my visit. Likewise the BRS is handling her self-quarantine with aplomb, seizing control of the ABFA’s work at home station when she isn’t dragging my son into another viewing of Frozen 2. They’re happy to have their abuela closer if currently unavailable for hugs, same as me.
BRS Taking Over for the ABFA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment