Friday, March 13, 2020

Corona-Scramble

I’m finally starting see some more measured information about the new virus appearing on the internet. This is in stark contrast to the sky is falling mentality or the outright deniers. A good friend posted the briefing below. The slides below are a great way to provide texture to the discussion. Politicians have predictably gone with the lowest common denominator at either ends of the spectrum. The world will not implode, we will get through this by doing the things doctors are recommending and not succumbing to the panicked announcements of impending Armageddon. In an attempt to mollify any imminent panic you may be feeling I also include a picture of the sunset at Las Lajas my wife sent last night.








I find it telling as to how much sports have declined in my interest is that I’m not very upset about the postponement of all the professional sports leagues games. It could be the thousands of movies that I own but it’s more a reflection of waning interest. In my earlier years I would have been aghast at the recent announcements. I must be getting to be an old fart.
My wife received a condo full of Coronavirus refugees yesterday in the form of her mother, sister and a couple more PanaGals. They correctly assessed my mother in law was most vulnerable and decided it was way less infectious at the isolated beach rather than the teeming city of David. My wife was very pleased to have a bunch of other women to bounce around with. I can think of no better self-quarantine place than Playa Las Lajas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment