Thursday, March 19, 2020

Challenge Accepted


Another day in the ghost world that the coronavirus has created. It’s tough to up my game in terms of self-isolation because once my Favorite Panamanian flies south that’s kind what my life is like anyways. Then you take away the two social events of my week, the movies and First Friday, and that completes the picture. This, of course, “forces” me to spend extended time down in the Man Cave with my movie collection. Talk about arm twisting!
FBR Might be Getting Cabin Fever

Taking out some Frustration
My Favorite Son thought my goal of watching all the Marvel movies in order was ambitious. When we talked last night he didn’t believe I could get through two movies last night without falling asleep. I took umbrage at his insinuation because we are very different animals. He’s always been an early to bed kind of guy, dating back to his earliest days. I on the other hand am never in bed before 11pm, usually closer to midnight, and I have always been that way. The Army cured me of the corollary effect of sleeping in but I still cannot go to bed before 11.
The Marvel Movies Lined Up
So, based on the additional filial motivation I knocked out both Captain America, The First Avenger and Captain Marvel last night. I pulled all 23 movies off my library shelves. I came upon a list from the internet which had the movies listed in the order the events occurred within the Marvel universe chronologically. I really enjoyed the movies and fell fully in love with Hayley Atwell all over again (me and English girls, what can I say).
My Favorite Panamanian tried to lecture me last night over the steps I am taking to protect myself. She said I should be leaving my shoes outside before walking in the house. She also said while she was looking forward to coming home in three weeks she would not allow hugging and kissing since I was still venturing out into the world to go to work. As you can imagine this discussion did not go well. I guess I’m going to have to deploy the Clorox wipes sitting in the garage for the past three months.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment