Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Ghosting


The coronavirus restrictions have definitely reached spooky levels. Worcester, a fairly large city, is like a ghost town for most of the day. Other than the beggars at intersections you don’t see anybody walking around. There is an upside as I had to travel across town for a quick errand this morning and what should have taken a half hour took less than half that because there was no traffic at all. This must have been what it was like back in the 60’s with less than half our current population.
FBR in School Yesterday with her New Teacher - Wingman
Speaking with my scattered family last night the BRS was deeply into play dough organization with my son. She finally deigned to allow him to hang with her after going through a super clingy phase with the ABFA. My daughter and her family seem to be handling the crisis well although they’re concerned with a neighbor down the street who showed symptoms. My Favorite Panamanian’s evolving plan had her bouncing between David and Las Lajas yesterday. Her mother and sister returned home but my wife remained at the condo since we have to get the front door lock replaced. It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to leave it unlocked for eight months. She now plans on staying at the beach at least until next week but I’m doubtful she’ll be able to withstand the solitary life.
No dateless date night last night with everything closed. As I face a weekend without travel plans my son had a great idea that I should watch one of the series of movies that I have, Lord of the Rings, the Jason Bourne series, or the Alien series. After thinking about it I decided to get more ambitious. Starting tonight I’m going to watch all 23 Marvel movies in chronological order (not the order they were released). It’s doubtful I will get through them in under a week but that’s an interesting challenge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment