Monday, April 1, 2019

From Now On Hopefully

My Favorite Panamanian and the BRS Dancing Away the Weekend

Since I haven’t been around Frail Deeds most of you can guess there was a granddaughter level event intervening to save you from my fractured prose for a few days. The culprit in this case was the BRS who showed up Friday night with my Favorite Son and the ABFA. Their plan was to wait until her normal bedtime and then load her into the car, drive down to Worcester, and then get her into bed without interrupting sleep plans. Everyone from New Jersey to Worcester thought this was a rookie mistake.
Grampa Got some Time Also
As usual the New Hampshire bunch exceeded societal standards and the BRS slept through the night like a proverbial, well, you know. Riggins was along to lend the appropriate amount of canine presence and shedded fur. My wife and the ABFA had to journey south for a Soxfather family baby shower. This did not prevent some early morning dancing featuring my wife and the BRS. This was a constant theme throughout the weekend as Latin blood was proven. My wife’s new Alexa got a true workout for the first time as the BRS’ favorite music, predominantly the sound track from the Greatest Showman, played constantly. Her personal favorite seemed to be “From Now On”. Which would be a perfect theme song for my hopes when it comes to time with granddaughters.
Abuela Gifts, Of Course

And Dancing

Of Course
The BRS paused in her antics during her mother’s absence for the baby shower by taking an extended nap. This allowed her father and I to retire to the Man Cave to compare notes on March Madness and the stumbling Red Sox. We also pursued one of our favorite shared activities – watching a movie with an appropriate amount of explosions and bloodshed.
The moms returned from Rhode Island laden with chocolate and stories of the continued excellence of the Soxfather side of the family.
Daddy Managed Lunch

Quinceanera Dance
After a short time being entertained by the indomitable BRS my Favorite Panamanian and I had to depart for a Quinceanera. This is the coming of age celebration for Latin girls, analogous to a societal coming out party. It can be a formal thing but since it involves Latinos is normally a lot of fun. The young lady being honored on Saturday was the daughter of one of my best employees and I was honored to be invited (although I’m sure most of the credit for that should go to my Favorite Panamanian). It was a great evening with a lot of familial love on display. I felt bad for the mother because a lot more people showed up than RSVP’d which caused some overcrowding. It was interesting to see the 15 year olds running around trying to figure out how to act. We left early because we had our own familial love to indulge in back home.




Taking Calls in her Curler

Riggins Ride
Sunday morning saw another bout of abuela and BRS dance moves as the grandparents took over the morning shift to allow some more snooze time for beleaguered parents. The BRS wanted to put her hair up in rollers, actually just one. This was incredibly cute and confirmed, according to my wife, her Panamanian blood as hair curlers are a required mode for young ladies (actually any age). Her parents eventually joined us for a very fun breakfast which involved some Riggins riding, who seemed very pleased to have some attention shown in his direction. The BRS is tough to compete with in that department.
FBR In Action

Daddy Daughter Day
Before they regretfully had to return home the Favorite Son helped me move two couches to their new locations from the basement. The ABFA helpfully spotted the spider nests the couch acquired which allowed a cleanup prior to emplacement in the new master bedroom. Thankfully my son did not drop his end of the couch when his wife made that pronouncement. We received our final Certificate of Occupancy from the city for the addition which means that sprint turned into a marathon is finally over.
FBR(l) with her Gang
The FBR was up to her usual antics over the weekend. She and Wingman had one of their patented Daddy Daughter days on Friday now that the snow has melted from some of their favorite playgrounds. We had a very fun video call on Sunday morning. The BRS smiled each time she heard her aunt’s (my daughter’s) voice. The FBR couldn’t be bothered to participate since we interrupted her viewing of Cinderella with our call. That all changed when the BRS reacted when the FBR was finally coaxed into singing Let it Go. It seems both granddaughters love having an audience.
Blessed
I count it as chief amongst the many blessings I’ve received that in my final years I get to willingly serve as part of their respective audiences.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment