Thursday, April 18, 2019

Generational Seasoning

The Next Generation

Both of my kids grew up idolizing Great Aunt and Soxfather. This started with the three year assignment I had as an ROTC instructor in Rhode Island where we lived just down the street from each other. Great Aunt routinely kidnapped the kids and I would usually find them covered in some sort of delicacy they had created together. Soxfather was renowned for his silly games that he fully invested himself into. The name Philosophus gained fame within the family as a mythical and difficult customer of a fictional restaurant. I mention all of this because the daring duo from Rhode Island is following the same tract with the next generation.
Bubble Time


Yesterday they come up specifically to spend time with the FBR during her week long residence with us. I returned home from work to find them out on Deckzilla fully engaged with extensive bubble producing efforts. The FBR breathlessly recounted her adventures as she charged between the three of us. I eventually became a fearsome monster that could only be thwarted by the intersession of Great Aunt.
Dinner with Son on Video

BRS Bellowing


We fired up the grill for the first time this season whilst the FBR was fully involved with her audience. Dinner was a lot of fun because we videoed in my Favorite Son and the BRS who was up to her usual vocal raging. I’m sure the BRS is the next target on Great Aunt and Soxfather’s charm list. She will be helpless in face of their unbridled love. After dinner Soxfather was summoned to the living room floor where he spent a long time playing his part in the Paw Patrol tower game. The FBR eventually had to go upstairs for bedtime but she tried to get Soxfather to promise to be here when she woke up. Another generation gladly falls victim.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment