Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Beard Praise

Miss Being Able to Do this

Okay, so life does go on without the daily presence of granddaughters. Colors do not seem as sharp but there is definitely a lot more energy present at the end of the day on the grandparent side of the equation. My wife and I did get to see/speak with both the FBR and BRS last night so there was some alleviation of separation pangs. The ABFA also sent a bunch of pictures from Easter that helped. The FBR dutifully reported on her return to day care and detailed some of her adventures while trying to steal food from her mother’s plate whenever it was left unattended.

3 Devastatingly Beautiful Women

Getting Phone Technique Lessons from the Expert
The BRS also had some day care adventures to confess to, although she left it to my Favorite Son and the ABFA to relate them. Apparently the BRS has acquired a reputation for biting when annoyed with some of her fellow toddlers. The day care personnel have her on crime watch to intercede when needed. She’s also cutting three new teeth at once which probably explains the short temper although the emerging teeth do leave her better armed to inflict damage. She was strolling around the house last night stopping by the laundry basket to pull out clothes and then distribute them throughout the first floor. Riggins was in close attendance since the BRS had just completed dinner which meant a lot of food was adorned on her overalls which Riggins wanted to help clean.
With Other Grandmother - ABFA Mom

She Loves her Auntie


Please keep my younger sister and her husband in your prayers. He’s had a series of health challenges this year and was admitted a couple nights ago with a powerful infection in his lymph nodes as well as some heart issues. I’m so happy my sister finally found the love of her life, a bit late in the game, but so welcome after a number of graphic misses. I want her to keep on enjoying the remarkable life they’ve established together. She’s been at his side throughout the last couple days and needs whatever prayers/support we can send.

Back in Worcester there was a stunning upset in my Favorite Panamanian’s criticism campaign. She’s been after me to have my barber trim my beard because she doesn’t feel I’m qualified. She has me there because the Army never allowed me to build any credentials in that area and prior to that I was incapable of growing one. Anyways, I was visiting the barber yesterday to get my ears lowered and mentioned my wife’s almost daily admonitions. He said I was doing a great job and was actually going to compliment me on it. As a regular customer he would have offered to trim it if he felt the need. I raced home with this information which left my wife, as I said, a little stunned. So there.


That was not the only major upset yesterday in the marital situation. Hollywood seems to have collectively held its breath for this week’s release of Avengers and there wasn’t much to see at the movie theater. I wanted to see Hellboy but knowing the devoutly Catholic wife wouldn’t sign up to see a movie with a demon in the starring role. Against all odds she finally acquiesced, after securing a girl’s movie night with the Neighborhood Mafioso for tonight. In even a bigger surprise she enjoyed the movie so there may be hope for the future with CGI monster movies – one of my go to genres.
I don’t know why this had to be remade and I found myself constantly comparing the new Hellboy, David Harbour, to Ron Perlman, who would be  a tough act for anybody to follow. I know this movie is garnering almost universal scorn but I thought it was sneakily entertaining. I think they went a little overboard with graphic dismemberments which must have set some sort of cinematic record for a single movie. The plot jumped around a little too much but the action was constant and well done. The subtle humor of a huge demon stalking around was well handled and the supporting cast uniformly good. Milla played a helluva good dismembered witch queen if there is such a category. In the end I enjoyed the movie because it was a lot of good old stupid fun which is sometimes a welcome addition in this all too serious world.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment