Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Rescue

Found Some More Photos From Easter
3 Beautiful Ladies on the Front Steps
Thank the good Lord Almighty that Friday has finally arrived to rescue flagging spirits summoned by the gaping hole left in the life of grandparents with the departure of the FBR. I may have waxed a little too poetic there but Friday always brings out the poet in me, well, more correctly the party animal but let’s not quibble. It’s been a fairly sedate week at the homestead which only pointed out how much energy the FBR induced in her short stay with us.
FBR Dressed Herself This Morning
Maybe I should Go with a Crown?
We checked in with her as usual at dinner time during which she demonstrated the proper demolition of a cup of whipped cream which she has apparently discovered and was very enthusiastic about (but who isn’t?). She also had big news in the day care department. She’ll be leaving her traditional day care setting for a more structured classroom type situation in a couple weeks. I’m excited because I know this young lady seeks out challenges and she’ll excel.
BRS Showing her Artistic Side
The BRS was less convivial last evening when we caught up with her. She was in full bellow mode as the ABFA scrambled to get her dinner ready which apparently was the cause of the discontent. At least she did not bite anybody at day care, second day in a row! She was still charming beyond belief. She’s also walking with more confidence each day which has my son devoting part of his weekend to further child proofing of doors and drawers which have become prime targets to the newly mobile BRS.
Helping the Self-Declared Master Easter Egg Hunter

Unicorns at Church!

Not Wanting to Pose After Church


Equipped for Drive Home
My Favorite Panamanian and I were watching an exciting hockey playoff game (okay that was mostly me) when we learned of the passing of Celtics legend John “Hondo” Havlicek. I was saddened because, back when the NBA was watchable, he was one of my favorite players from the dominant Celtics teams of the 1960s and 1970s, only behind Sam Jones and Bill Russell in my pantheon of heroes. I got to shake his hand and sit next to him on the bench when the Celtics came to my hometown for a pre-season practice in the late 1960s (back when they tried to connect with fans). I’ll remember those thirty seconds of sitting between Sam Jones and Hondo for the rest of my life. R.I.P. Hondo and thanks for all the bank shots and that incredible steal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment