Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Uncles and Aunts Oh My!

The FBR - a Dedicated Climber
My extremely mobile and tropical wife finally checked in last night to catch me up on her progress with the condo. Her final mission task was getting the combination washer/dryer machine hooked up which was successfully accomplished yesterday. I caught her in mid-celebration as she and her younger sister were hosting all of their aunts and uncles for a family get together at the condo. The Cousin of the Legendary Laugh was also there to insure, in my absence, that a proper amount of beer was consumed. My wife was very proud that we’ve created something like this in Panama that she can finally host her family after thirty five years of being a guest. The only down side was my lack of presence – as previously chronicled, her family is a lot of fun to hang out with.
Hard at Work
The FBR certainly belongs in that same category. I talked with her last night just as my daughter was arriving home from work. The FBR is incredibly psyched for Halloween this year and showed me a number of the ghost decorations she and Wingman had created. She’s also perfected what she calls her ghost face. We spent a lot of time exchanging silly faces – she won.
Going Undercover
Since my tropical spouse is not in residence I can sleep with the windows wide open during this favorite time of year with the cool nighttime temps. This can have a downside though as some rain arrived overnight and while this is usually sleep inducing I could hear some constant dripping which my mind convinced me was inside the bedroom. So after the 3am inspection of the entire room to confirm the dripping was in fact the outside gutters, now fully awake, I found myself so angry at myself for erroneously interrupting my slumber that I couldn’t fall back to sleep. I’m so weird.  

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #40 out of 100, with The Brain Machine, complexly nonsensical except seeing Major Dad with hair on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment