Sunday, October 29, 2017

Reunification Operations

GEnuine Smile
So the house was clean (relatively speaking), flowers bought and all of the house plants arguably still in good shape – I was ready for my Favorite Panamanian’s return. I also left the final big project until the last minute. She’s not allowed to wash the windows because she always damages the fold out mechanisms so I was doing that all afternoon. A true skeptic would wonder how she maneuvered to a place where only I am allowed to wash windows. I gave up trying to figure out these type eventualities a couple decades ago – the key to a successful marriage.
Of Course Flowers Were involved
Her plane was over forty minutes early so I received her text announcing arrival while still picking my way through strangely heavy Boston Saturday traffic. She still had the immigration, customs, and luggage retrieval gauntlet to negotiate so I was waiting when she finally walked out the door. Everything clicked back into synch when I saw that smile. We’ve both discovered the separations grow increasingly difficult as we accumulate joint years together – we might actually like being with each other – go figure. Instead of rushing back to Worcester and grabbing a hurried dinner just before the restaurants close we pulled off the Mass Pike into Natick and grabbed a bite to eat there – close to my old stomping grounds when I worked I the area from 2008-2011. It was a very nice evening as it gave us a chance to catch up by focusing only on each other without the distractions and attendant inspections a return to the house entails.
Wingman's Lawn has Taken Hold
ABFA Inspiration for Party Last Night
We called the progeny this morning. We interrupted the FBR’s morning viewing of Dora the Explorer and she was not pleased. She spent the entire call trying to connive her way into having the TV screen turned back on, much to her parents’ exasperation. She’s prepping for her time in the terrible twos. My Favorite Son was roused from hangover compensation activities. He and the ABFA attended a Halloween party last night where they went as Juno couple with the pregnant ABFA obviously as Juno and my son as the gym short wearing Michael Ciera. He promised pictures when he could see straight again.


The Bad Cinema project count rises to #45 out of 100, with Warning from Space and Phantom Planet – pace of movie watching is sure to slow down with the addition of Panamanian distraction in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment