Monday, October 2, 2017

Ignition

My Fiery Date Last night
First of all my thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the senseless mass shooting in Las Vegas. There has to be a special place in hell for the idiot who opened up with a fully automatic weapon on a defenseless concert crowd. The last time I hear that amount of sustained automatic gun fire I was on a military gun range. It will be educational to learn how this moron acquired a fully automatic weapon, no 2d Amendment BS either – someone has to be held accountable. I had an interesting conversation with a Muslim guy that works for me. We were discussing the shooter and he said it was typical that when the shooter is a white male he is automatically labeled as deranged while with a Muslim its always well planned terrorism.
I planned on spending my afternoon watching the Patriots’ defense incorporating all the needed fixes from their disastrous start to the season. That didn’t go so well as a poor Carolina offense absolutely shredded a secondary that can’t seem to get out of its own way. I’ve never seen a Belichick defense seem this helpless. I’d be a hypocrite if I gave up but this will be a severe test of “in Bill we Trust”.
Daughter Making it Nice
My daughter, because of the type of person she is realized a newly made acquaintance who was well into her pregnancy hadn’t mentioned anything about a baby shower. Once my daughter checked she found out that nothing had been planned. She took the burden on herself and organized/hosted one for her. It’s moments like this when you realize you had to have done something right in raising your child. She remains a constant source of pride.
The Party

Meanwhile the FBR was Out Painting Gourds

Very Impressive if Heavily Purple
Her daughter, the irrepressible FBR continued to assiduously ignore us during our FaceTime call last night. That was until I asked her about her pumpkin painting experience from earlier in the day. She immediately ran to the living room to gather up her object d’art so we could bask in its reflected glory. After that we took part in negotiations as my daughter finally convinced her she couldn’t sit down for dinner buck naked and that at a minimum a pair of panties was required in polite company. The FBR grudgingly agreed despite her misgivings.
What Do You Mean I Can't Eat Naked!

First Ever Flames in the Pit
The huge downer of the football game was fully recovered after the sun fell when my Favorite Panamanian and I took in the first ever fire in my style challenged fire pit. I set up a couch in front of the fire after I was sure it was going to catch and we spent nearly two hours out there under the stars. It was a lot more fun than anticipated and or hoped for. My wife played some oldies on her IPad as we enjoyed the crisp autumn night. She resurrected the only two marshmallows we had in the house (from a wedding over a year ago) but they seemed perfectly preserved. She pronounced the fire pit a success after successfully toasting on it. My pyromaniacal side was assuaged as I watched a lot of the odds and end scrap pieces from our new hardwood floor meet their fate. We’re often so caught up in our own agendas that stopping and spending some quiet time together is forgotten. That’s a complete shame because it’s times like that when you realize how much fun it is to hang with your spouse, even after thirty five years of opportunities. You have to ask yourself – how many did I miss?

Wife at the Pit

Something Primordially Connecting About Staring into Coals
The Bad Cinema project count rises #21 out of 100 with a Son of Zeus twofer – Hercules and the Captive Women (!!!) and Hercules Against the Tyrants of Babylon, I may be getting Herc-ed out.


No comments:

Post a Comment