Friday, October 6, 2017

66% Night

The Front Gardens
Well I went two for three with my immersion in key sporting events last night although arguably the most important went as bad as it possibly could have. The Red Sox laid a complete egg in Houston where they and their best pitcher were absolutely pummeled by the much better Astros team. They didn’t look to belong on the same field as the other team and that’s never a good look. The playoff beard’s days might be numbered. I have no proof my wife has been practicing voodoo to insure the Red Sox lose quickly, but I have my suspicions.
Playoff "Beard" in Danger

Boston fared much better on the ice last night as a completely new Bruins team showed up, much younger, much, much faster and they beat a good western conference team. While they did show a penchant for allowing late period goals they were a hell of a lot more entertaining than the plodding teams of recent years.
The Patriots also won in one of the ugliest fashions I can recall. Brady was harassed all night by a defense that only made one sack all year long. He still put up 300 yards and they won, wait for it, because of their defense and a historically bad Tamp Bay kicker. The Super Bowl hangover has been a real thing for certain individuals and I think Mr. Bill has taken matters into his own hands and sent some very pointed messages about playing time being dependent on what you can do now versus what you did last year.
Hanging with Friends Yesterday
I was struck yesterday pulling into my home after work at how much my wife has achieved in her front yard gardens. I know I complain a lot about the constant arrival of new and exotic plant life. I have to admit though, at a time when most of the neighborhood gardens are winding down for autumnal barrenness hers is still brimming with color. I know she puts a lot of work into it so I’m glad the evidence of all that work is so apparent.
From the Other Side

Equipping her Doll with Her Shoes and Socks

Nature's Starting its Own Color Fest out Back
It’s also the start of nature’s most beautiful time of year in New England with the leaves finally starting to turn. My wife and I normally take a Columbus Day jaunt around New England to view the foliage. This year she’ll be winging her way south on that day so we’ve moved it up to tomorrow. Since he’s available we’ll be running through my hometown to pick up Keene Friend to join our annual outing. I’m guessing we’ll end up back in Keene at the end of the night consuming adult beverages.
The Bad Cinema project count remains at  #25 out of 100, no time for nonsense on a sports saturated night.

No comments:

Post a Comment