Monday, October 16, 2017

Scary Day

Serving Dad from her Pretend Kitchen
So, and you can probably guess this, my wife did not call from Panama until the Patriots game was in full swing, why did I write that yesterday!? She seemed a little put out that I didn’t appreciate the opportunity to converse with my devoted wife. I was also more than a little peeved at how poorly the Patriots came out in a game against their hated rivals from NYC. The Jets looked like the Patriots and vice versa for a good portion of the first half. Luckily nature re-asserted itself and you could sense the Jets tightening up as the Pats found their pace. There was even a controversial call which overturned a late touchdown by the Jets. When I saw it happen I yelled that he had fumbled out of bounds but I never expected the officials and God forbid, the New York based league office to do the right thing but they surprised me. The Pats snuck this one out but their defense remains historically bad.
Clearly a Fumble
Now back to the disaffected spouse, she was trying to rub a little salt in the wound of our separation by video calling me while lounging on the beach in the shade by the condo pool. She had certainly earned the break after her two days of appliance installation follies. Both of the televisions and accompanying accoutrement were in place yesterday so my movie watching will not suffer during retirement. She finally sent me pictures of what the condo looks like with blinds and unpacked furniture which I share here.
Living Room

Master Bed Room

As Seen from Pool Area

Where My Wife Called From Yesterday

The Solid Area of Blinds Close for More Privacy

Couch Finally Unveiled


The Rental Car Packed from return Trip
The Patriots weren’t the only thing scaring me yesterday. I made the mistake of watching an episode of the Exorcist series in the lonely house after the sun had set. Big mistake. I’m sure my electric bill is going to show a spike for yesterday evening. A bigger question – why do empty houses make so many more unexplained noises?
In the Pumpkin Patch with Some of her Posse

That Face!

It is sad to report but it seems my days as a fascinating subject for my granddaughter have faded with her rapidly advancing age. Her parents have to almost wrestle her in front of the camera nowadays because she maintains a very busy schedule that cannot be abandoned simply to speak with her grandfather. I think she senses there’s no way she can damage my feelings for her, she is so right in that assessment.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #33 out of 100, with First Spaceship on Venus my first ever East German/Polish sci-fi film, so there, 1/3 of the way home.
My Wife's Fish Dinner as it is Served - Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment