Sunday, October 1, 2017

Somnambulant Saturday Culminates on Dancefloor

My Date Last Night
A rainy Saturday was a perfect candidate for something I haven’t had in a while – no scheduled activities. At least during the day as my wife would never let a casually mentioned opportunity for a night of dancing go un-redeemed. I finished off the style challenged fire pit with some perfunctory wire brushing and then some grill work but that was my only work related activity for the entire day. If this is glimpse of retired life – I think I can handle it.
Ready for the First Fire
I knocked off two more horrendously bad movies in my march through Sci Fi Film mediocrity and then watched the Red Sox do something they’ve never done before – win consecutive Division championships. I have no illusions about how far they can go in the playoffs with two teams clearly superior and another (the hated Yankees) playing better end of season ball but they’ve got a puncher’s chance. The playoff beard starts tomorrow!
The FBR was definitely not interested in conversing with her grandparents last evening. There was more important charging around the house to be done. My daughter sent the below picture in which the FBR lined up all her “friends” and then asked my daughter to take a picture so Grandpa and Abuela could see it. So we[re still in the conversation at least.
Yep, Grandpa Saw It - Loved It
As mentioned, our day ended with one of our patented Maxwell Silverman’s dance dates. As usual my wife took to dominating the dance floor whilst I hung on for dear life. The DJ was not on top of his game and there were several groups of inebriated women dancing with each other throughout the night. This despite some socially challenged dudes dancing beside the dance floor but never getting up the “huevos” to ask any of them to dance. The night ended too soon for everyone with the possible exception of my right knee. Wait just a minute – It’s OCTOBER already!


The Bad Cinema project count rises #19 out of 100 with a rainy Saturday afternoon twofer – Menace from Outer Space and Hercules Against the Moon Men, just doesn’t get any lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment