Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hiatus Time after the Long Wait

This Morning on the New Counters
This will be the last Frail Deeds posting for a few days as I embark on the long awaited and certainly most welcome final phase of the Ex-Californians move to New Jersey. We’re loading up the car tonight after work and journeying to the Garden State so we can be on site for tomorrow’s closing on their first house. I’m heartbroken I couldn’t be a better host because of all the construction going on at home but they handled it like the true troopers they are. Anyways, I’ll be too busy driving and moving household goods to spare writing time.
Same Chair her Mother Used at the Same Age
Yesterday I had one of the most frustrating days on record and we all know my record is fairly extensive. The granite guys were supposed to show up at 1000AM so I arranged to work from home until that time. I received a call around 1030 that they would be delayed until 1230 and I said fine and went into the office. I returned for lunch and waited and waited and then waited some more. I finally called around 2pm and after fifteen attempts they finally answered the phone and reported to be only 40 minutes out. By 4pm and still no appearance I was ready for cold blooded murder. Deckzilla Dude who was hanging around to help was honestly worried about their health if they ever showed up. On my final call they reported to be just ten minutes out, forty five minutes later they finally did show up. The saving grace was they were very good at their job and with a carpentry assist from Deckzilla Dude they got everything in and it looks great. I even tipped them which I’m now confounded by; I attribute it to the fumes.
The New Counters
It’s a qualified “everything” since my wife arranged for a new sink which means the old plumbing beneath the sink has to be changed out and of course the counter guys couldn’t do that. So I have great looking counters now but no kitchen water other than the fridge. I beginning to think my wife is really going to owe me for arranging all this and then flying south for the winter.
She Was Back on the Slide Yesterday
They finished up around 8pm and I then had to drive the Wonder Pooch down to Rhode Island so Great Aunt and Soxfather could dog-sit while I’m running around New Jersey. I was exhausted by the time I got down there and back. I guess being angry and frustrated, as I was most of the day, is draining. On the up side I get to hang with my daughter’s family for the next couple days and experience one of the seminal events of their life as they move into their first house. Rejuvenation!
Really Going to Miss them at Breakfast Next Week
Today’s morale photo injection:





No comments:

Post a Comment