Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Wick in Time

Fresh Off her Conquest of the Slide
One of the sacrifices young parents have to make with the arrival of offspring is a lot less movie going. That could be problematic if said parents are movie nuts. This is a trait that runs very deep in yours truly and has been passed undiluted to both of my children. One of the things I truly enjoy is going to a movie with either of my kids, most especially when the previews are showing and we pass on our shared opinions of the upcoming fare.
Helping Grampa in the Kitchen



The arrival of the First Blog Reader has had the above described effect on my daughter and transferred to myself since they’ve been in residence because it’s more fun hanging out with the little gal than movie could produce. Wingman however took one for the team last night and allowed my daughter and me to sneak out to see a movie together. It almost didn’t matter what the movie was – I’m weird that way.
Giving the New Floor a Test Drive with Wingman

Almost to the Point of Running
Earlier in the day Wingman took my granddaughter out on a road trip since she was experiencing severe cabin fever from her isolation in the Man Cave. They journeyed to a local mall which is the only place he could find a playground that wasn’t under a couple feet of snow. She achieved a landmark event by climbing a slide and then descending with no adult help. Wingman posted a video of the event which I’ve only watched a couple dozen times, so far.
The movie we were lucky enough to see together was John Wick Chapter 2. I was prepared for a let down because the first one was so good but I was heartily surprised as this one is possibly better. It is no more believable but provides a lot more texture into the underworld society Wick is trying to escape. Reeves deadpan look is perfect for the Wick part as he mows down a seemingly endless stream of would be foes, usually with his signature headshot but he also touches his own mythology with a very sturdy pencil. A total thrill ride of completely unbelievable but impossible to ignore action. The first great movie of 2017, all the more so since it’s a sequel and had higher expectations to meet.

Today’s morale photo injection:






No comments:

Post a Comment