Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Difficult Decisions

Dressed to Kill For V Day
I’m faced with a very difficult decision at work involving the continued employment of one of my people. It’s always easier to find a way around making the tough calls, reducing the stress and salving hurt feelings. However doing the right thing carries with it an intrinsic value that supersedes the short term benefits of avoiding conflict. I know this is the right thing for the long term health of my organization despite all the fireworks that will undoubtedly ensue.
Lunch in the Cave
I continue to enjoy the presence of the ex-California contingent in the hose. I feel bad that the flooring project was delayed until it’s going on while they’re here. Since this is not California the opportunity to get outside and play is severely limited what with snow nearly over my granddaughter’s head. They have to spend most of the day down in the Man Cave which she is redecorating according to her own tastes. As mentioned earlier, neatly stacked DVD and Blu Ray cases seem to offend her.
Last Week in CA with her Other Granddad

I was entrusted with her care yesterday so my daughter and Wingman could have a long overdue date night out. Before anybody casts any plaudits my way, my level of care involved watching a video baby monitor while she slept; not exactly stepping up to any difficult plate. I was specifically instructed not to enter the room to check on her despite an almost overwhelming need to. I fought off the urge although it was a close fight. My granddaughter is just that much to hang out with. The deciding vote came when I realized the parents could also see the video feed remotely and might panic if they saw an empty crib. Thwarted by modern technology again.
I’ve taken a real liking to the new 24 series, 24 Legacy. I didn’t think I’d warm up to anyone playing the Jack Bauer part other than Kiefer Sutherland but this new kid, Corey Hawkins as Eric Carter, is making a believer out of me. The first three episodes have all the trademark action, suspense, and well-hidden traitors that made the original series so good. I just love hearing that count down music coming out of every commercial. What can I say, I’m a total geek.
Receiving her Bear This Morning

Instant Karma
I guess I should wax poetic about Valentine’s Day but my Valentine is more than 3000 miles away so I’m a little short on that Hallmark holiday spirit. Before she left my wife and I bought a huge teddy bear for our granddaughter as a present for today. The First Blog Reader accepted her gift with her usual class and aplomb. She converted him to an easy chair shortly after establishing her daily presence in what is now clearly – Her Cave.

And Now He's a Chair
Today’s morale photo injection:







No comments:

Post a Comment