Monday, February 13, 2017

Blizzarding Operations

My Sesame Partner
The snow showed up right on schedule yesterday and proceeded to fall until the wee hours of this morning. We need a lot of things but another 10-14 inches of snow was not high on that list. It’s hard to fathom that the grass on the lawn was visible less than a week ago. I’m getting winter of 2015 flashbacks. On the extremely bright side of the equation I no longer have the driveway from hell to contend with and I have a whole passel of ex-Californians in the house to entertain me.
Two of my Favorite Ladies in the World

Dancing the Tango in the Kitchen under Construction

She Let Me Lead
Make no mistake, hanging with my granddaughter transcends the usual definition of entertainment. I fall back on my earlier statement that grandkids come along when you have enough life experience to truly treasure them without any of the latent fears and trepidation of being an actual parent. Working around my snow removal efforts yesterday I got to watch a few episodes of Sesame Street which I think she enjoyed a lot more than I did, she at least stayed awake for them. We also worked on one of her puzzles together and she provided her usual expert advice and counsel on my breakfast making techniques. I’m glad my daughter and especially Wingman is getting a chance to rest and regain some equilibrium after their adventures of the past week. I say “rest” with an automatic qualifier because they are parents of a very active one year old.
Grampa Snoozing Through Sesame Street

Hanging with her Friend Duck Duck

Puzzle Time

High Five When Completed
The additional snow that fell overnight made for a very active morning for certain retired Army dudes as well. The snow banks at the bottom of the driveway are now too high to handle any additional snow, the snow blower can’t throw it high enough. Our mail box is peeking out of the side. I have to throw the snow two and three times in some cases to get it away from the driveway and/or sidewalks. Fortunately I’m not the one doing the throwing as my snow blower has been up to the task so far.
Front of House this Morning

From Saturday - Such a Fun Day

The Birthday Girl Yesterday
In far more tropical news my wife sent some pictures from her birthday celebrations yesterday. She and her mom as well as some assorted aunts and uncles went up into the mountain town of Boquete for a birthday dinner. After she saw the state of our weather she wisely eschewed complaining about the heat in Panama. We’re dealing with some serious winds right now which is blowing a lot of the light snow around in prodigious amounts. I’ll probably have to clear the driveway again tonight even though no additional snow has fallen. That’s fine, I still have a little blog reader waiting to entertain me when I finish.

Birthday Dinner

Standing by the Rio Boqeute
Today’s morale photo injection:






No comments:

Post a Comment