Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February Already!

Some More Photo Fun with Granddaughter - Cartoon View
I’m a little surprised to look up at the calendar and realize we have eradicated the first month of 2017 already. Where the hell did that go? It was a fairly full month and that level of activity has the ability to warp time forward even faster than usual. It was also the first January in a very long time that my Favorite Panamanian remained in residence. She was held in town by the requirement to babysit this past weekend down in Orlando and I couldn’t be happier. Yet another symptom of middle age seems to be the intrusion of loneliness in sharper detail.
As an Alien
I’m excited February is here though because it marks the return to the east coast of the soon to be ex-California Contingent. I hope we have the new floor installed before they arrive next Thursday. It’s currently staging out in the garage which meant I had to park my car outside last night. Of course February decided to introduce itself with a quick little snow storm dumping a couple inches on top of the car. I was half way through the snow removal this morning when a cable snapped in the new snow blower. It was the one that engages the drive wheels so I spent the rest of the exercise bent over, pulling on the disconnected cord so the machine would move. I smell another battle with Sears impending.
Some Photos from the Recent tour I gave to the Chamber of Commerce
They Got my Best Side
Apparently These Were Published in Some Sort of Chamber Newsletter
The snow postponed date night until tonight but the Favorite Panamanian took a break from her luggage packing (she flies south next week) to hang out in the Man Cave with me. These are the times I’m really going to miss even though I’m charged with keeping her feet warm, no mean task. We watched a movie and couple more episodes of Parenthood. We’re now well into season three which is not even halfway yet but I know I’m going to miss the Bravermans when we see the last episode. My wife’s two month absence will push that inevitability off a bit but it’s now hanging out there. I don’t know why I let my children talk me into watching TV series that I fall so hopelessly in love with. I am now convinced that Haddie Braverman has supplanted Kim Bauer from 24 as the most annoying female character in TV history.

Shadow Girl

Resting up for the Big Trip
Today’s morale photo injection:





No comments:

Post a Comment