Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Frosty Progress

My Car this Morning - Completely Coated
An interesting day, weather wise, for my first day of geographic bachelorhood. A couple inches of snow was followed by a day long ice storm which coated everything in sight. It was supposed to turn over to rain and warm up a little bit but that never happened. My wife certainly picked the right day to exit south. She had adventures of her own arriving in Panama. She’d made her flight reservations back in November but forgot to book the connecting flight to her hometown to David. She figured she could buy a ticket at the airport when she got there but they only had first class tickets available (their story) and she wasn’t going to pay $300 for a 45 minute flight.
1st Day Progress
This left her wandering the airport with her typically overloaded three suitcases searching for a Wi-Fi hot spot so she could contact family members in the city. She eventually did and they rescued her after a few hour ordeal. She recounted all of this in excruciating detail when she finally got to a phone late last night. Note to self – be more patient when listening to ten minute, non-stop narratives.
Progress as of Last Night
Deckzilla Dude is making steady progress on the first floor flooring. I’m always impressed when I see the work of a true craftsman. He makes things seem so simple but I know this type of detailed carpentry, fitting and joining, is beyond my capacity. He also moved the former island cabinet into position at the end of the existing counter in preparation for the granite guy measuring on Friday.
Island Cabinet Moved
Today is the container packing day out in California as the avidly prayed for return to the east coast of that beloved bunch is scheduled for tomorrow. New England is throwing another storm in their path and I‘m praying it moves quickly enough to be out of the way by the time I have to pick them up at the airport.
I wasn’t going to spend the first night solo alone in the house and there was a zombie movie that my wife, for some odd reason, refused to see with me. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is the promised (hopefully) last film in the series as we follow Alice back to the “hive” where the whole apocalypse started in the first movie. Jovovich has grown to be a compelling female action star as she continues her six movie swath cutting through zombie hordes while battling the evil Umbrella Corporation. It’ every bit as silly as it sounds but I remain a fan of this type fare and really enjoyed this last ride with Alice. While this is promised to be the last chapter they did leave themselves a little wiggle room. Nothing is ever final in the Resident Evil world, especially when it makes buckets of money. It turned out to be bad idea to go to the movies last night. The promised warm up never arrived and I came out to a car completely coated in ice. Since I was using my wife’s car and it never stays out in the weather it doesn’t have an ice scraper. It made for an interesting ride (slide) home and a huge puddle in the garage this morning.

Today’s morale photo injection:







No comments:

Post a Comment