Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Winged Dinner

Wingmen Reunited Last Night
Yesterday I was passing through the Massachusetts Turnpike tolls at almost the exact same time as the day before, only in the opposite direction. Instead of escaping Connecticut, I was purposely heading south to the land of traffic misery. There are very few people that could cause this seemingly inexplicable conundrum. One of them is, of course, Wingman, and that was where I was headed.
Deck Progress Yesterday - Second (lower) Half is Framed
He had a day off from his band’s farewell tour and they bafflingly decided to spend it in Manchester, Connecticut of all places. I’m sure it made sense in some alternate rock and roll picture but Wingman admitted he was similarly confused at the choice. At any rate, I left for this suburb of Hartford (where tonight’s show is) directly after work. For once the traffic gods were smiling on me and I was on the tour bus shortly after 5:30.
Love This Picture
It was so good seeing my son in law although I could tell how much he was missing two young ladies I have been blessed with for the past few weeks. He confirmed my suspicions that my granddaughter’s arrival has driven an ivory coated stake through the heart of enjoying tours. I was able to deliver birthday presents – Star Wars themed T-Shirts for one of the biggest fans of that genre.
Wife and Granddaughter Taking in the Madison Ave Foot Traffic While Dining Al Fresco


He had ably scouted the surrounding terrain and pinpointed a nearby Red Robin. He explained his choice in that they served both burgers and beer. I don’t need any further evidence of how he earned the name of Wingman. Each time I get to hang out with him I re-learn how fortunate I am that my daughter found this guy. As a parent heads towards the golden years (I hear they’re beckoning in the not too distant future) one of the greatest fears is for their children. I’m so fortunate in both my kids’ choices for their life mates.

First Time in a Swing
We were able to Facetime with the New York ladies where we learned my granddaughter had continued her love affair with Central Park and had even taken her first ride in a swing. Adventuresome lass that she is, she loved it. I’m glad she’s getting some East Coast time on her scorecard before California seeps too deeply into her infrastructure. Although, Wingman was California born and bred so maybe that’s not a bad thing. He had friends migrating to hang with him last night and I had an early rise and a house to move so I left for home after dinner. It was so good seeing him and confirming once again that I have nothing in certain golden years departments to concern me.
Stylin in Central Park

Beyond Words

How Do I get Out of this Contraption So I Can Get Wet Too

Back to the Boat Pond
Wearing her Food Well



No comments:

Post a Comment