Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happiness Arrival

Together Again!
If it was Saturday then I was following my new summer Standard Operating Procedure of working too hard on a very hot day. I also knew my wife wouldn’t let me do anything today since work is verboten for me on Father’s Day. I disassembled the two largest beds and reassembled them in the new house. The master bedroom fan added to the fun by hitting the top of the bed canopy. When I tried to turn the fan off, the remote control batteries were dead so I had to do it in the semi-darkness. This would align with my wife’s perception of my abilities as well (working in the dark) but I didn’t break anything this time out.
Happy Girls
I also helped out a little bit with the deck construction although this thing is probably undernamed as a deck – it’s more of a vast platform. The contractor was working hard to get it completed at least enough that my wife could host today’s Father’s Day festivities there. We could host several families worth.
Deck Progress

I also rushed around for several errands, including getting a new lawnmower for the house. Since the deck devoured a large percentage of the available yard I went with an electric mower so I wouldn’t have to struggle with the whole pull rope procedure; something advancing years sends warning messages to my back about. Now I’ll just have to insure I don’t run over the cord. That would probably be a bad thing. I also learned how to program a garage door remote since one for the new house needed replacing – that was interesting and a little more challenging than described.
Waiting for this One
I love the new seat benches installed on the deck. I opined when I first sat on them that they would be perfect for beer drinking. Since the ladies were taking a long time traversing Connecticut (huge surprise) I decided to put the theory to the test. I was enjoying the breeze along the back yard when the ladies pulled in and all of a sudden the world seemed like a much happier place.
Theory Testing
I put the blame for that turn completely on the head of the First Blog Reader. Despite her long drive from New York City she was immediately and totally charming as I showed her around the new deck. It was so refreshing to have the house echoing with female sounds again, all three generations of them.

Two Generations of Curbside
Their last New York City act was a reunion brunch of the Curbside Girls. This was the first time the entire second generation of Curbside progeny gathered in the same place. It’s a definite boon for future society that this very deep gene pool is being replenished. People from as far away as Detroit flew in for the event. Wingman was also afforded one last time with his daughter as the band headed in a different direction.
Wingman Yesterday

Meeting the Gals

And Telling About her Central Park Adventures




Gramma Teaching Her About Rose Appreciation


Mid-Meal Nap





And Because its Been So Long Since We've Had Pictures of Riggins











Meeting the ABFA Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment