Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Baby in Residence

A Certain Gramma is in 7th Heaven
A late post today because I was actually trusted with the care of my granddaughter for a couple hours this morning. I think the two females in the house were desperate. Yesterday was the first work day with the First Blog Reader in residence. This required some definite adjustments. I couldn’t be my normal pan clattering self in the morning. I’d forgotten how precious baby sleep time was for adults.
Trying to Escape - Breaking for Daylight
My granddaughter seems to like the east coast, maybe a little too much. She’s waking up at all hours of the night so she doesn’t miss anything. My daughter on the other hand is missing, a lot of sleep. We’re trying to help where we can but there are some things only the mom can handle. I can’t begin to tell you how charming the little tyke is. I came home for lunch and she was holding forth in the kitchen high chair with her mother. I was transported back over thirty years. She looks so much like her mother did as a baby and I swear my wife doesn’t age. After so many weeks of abject silence in the house it is so fun to have it full of energy and ladies. I don’t care how tired or frazzled you are, when a baby smiles at you the weight of the world tends to slough off your shoulders.

See What I Mean?
I did manage to snatch a few moments last night moving another car load of junk over to the new house and work a little bit on the carpets. I know it seems like I have a lot of time to make this move but I know it has a way of accelerating at the most inopportune phase. We did meet with the contractor this past weekend and the final (expanded by wifely edict) plan for the deck was approved. That construction should start next week. I hope to get a lot of stuff moved over the next few days and this weekend. Next week, I’ll be lady-less as the three ladies head to New York City for the week. At least I’ll have plenty to occupy myself to keep from wandering the streets at night.














No comments:

Post a Comment