Sunday, June 5, 2016

Motrinated

Reading the Sunday Paper Together
Another hot Saturday must have meant another date with the overstocked basement and moving said overstock across the street to the new house. The neighbors across our backyard were having some sort of gathering and were treated to the sight of me lugging all of the assorted paraphernalia around the back of the house. By the end of the day the basement was emptied except for the large items the movers will take care of on the day we actually move the flag across the street.
Hang time with Gramma

Anybody who knows my wife will understand the magnitude of the effort. The basement ends up being the repository for better than half of all our household goods. My wife hates clutter and what could be construed by certain blog writers as essential is reclassified as clutter 75% of the time. So I was re-acquainted with a lot of possessions I forgot I owned. Buddy was aghast throughout the day as his lair was steadily reduced in comforting surroundings.  His day took a further turn south when I uncovered my wife’s beloved living room couch which was stored there for the past year.
Wingman's Farewell Tour was in Indianapolis Lat Night
At some point during that year, during one of his thunderstorm/fireworks panics he burrowed into what I had assured my wife was a secure location. One whole arm of the couch bears the mark of his claws. Since my wife was hoping to sell the couch this was not good news for Buddy or myself. He is firmly “my dog” for the foreseeable future. He hasn’t covered himself in glory over the past few weeks.
Grampa Gets Some Time Too

Throughout the very long day as my middle aged body achieved the breaks all the lifting required I was thoroughly entertained by the granddaughter in residence. She thought I was highly entertaining for some odd reason. My daughter is still recovering from her appendectomy and isn’t allowed to lift her daughter so I was needed whenever a change in location was necessary. By the end of the day even her sub-20 pound weight seemed like a ton. It was impossible to complain though when her thousand watt smile engaged. My wife snuck out for some TJ Maxx time which resulted in a complete new library for the First Blog Reader. She loves books and has a full complement back home which is officially known as her “office”. I don’t know if she missed it as much as it seemed but her reaction to the newly presented books was priceless. She now has an east coast office.
Inspecting her New Office
After all the heavy lifting and a generous application of Motrin was needed for all three of the adults; me for the pain of a body pushed a little further than it should have, my daughter for abdominal recovery operations, and my wife for the cumulative effects of lifting her granddaughter for the past month. After the object of our fascination retired for the night my daughter took some pictures of us with a new application that produced some very funny results – we were literally rolling the floor laughing.

My Wife and I Switching Faces

Daughter and Wife Switching - Still Beautiful

Wife Glamour Shot

My Glamour Shot - Scary

Flower Children

My Wife with my Brother in Law's Face
I’ve discovered, through intense research over the past year, that after a day spent moving furniture there is nothing better than a very cold beer or four. However there is something better. Sitting down, relaxing, and watching a funny movie with my long absent fellow movie buff daughter. My son had recommended the movie The Duff and it was genuinely hilarious but all the more enjoyable because of the buff at my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment