Sunday, June 12, 2016

Firsts Achieved

So This is First Friday Grandpa?
Okay, so I missed a day. You should come to the obvious conclusion that I was having too much fun with my visiting Californians to bequest any time to writing. You’d be partially correct. There’s also that pesky task of moving across the street and assisting with construction on the new deck there.
Best Part of Coming Home From Work This Week

Come on Grandpa - Let's Play
I’ve been known to wax philosophic and be overly effusive in my praise of First Friday. This week’s First Friday achieved mythic status when I left mid-ceklebration to pick up the three women. My daughter and wife are First Friday veterans but this was the very first for my granddaughter. She was suitability impressed and completely charmed all who were there. She was particularly taken with my excellent boss. I think you can tell from the pictures that the feelings were mutual.
The First Friday Crew

So You're my Grandpa's Boss





Yesterday morning was spent moving things across the street and then assisting the contractor with post hole digging for the deck. In the finest traditions of New England soil there were rocks laced throughout the selected holes. We finally decided to go rent an auger which made things go a little faster. We had two holes dug before the rains descended. I stayed a little out in the rain as my wife directed the planting of her nascent dahlias. I’m thinking her vast gardens will be reborn at the new location. If she ever stays in Worcester long enough to direct I build them.
Wingman's Been in Pittsburgh

D.C.

And Philly
With the coming of the rain I moved back across the street and we had a totally enjoyable late lunch at a nearby restaurant. The First Blog Reader is an accomplished diner and was no problem whatsoever. I think you can justifiably accuse me of being overly proud of her but trust me, I’m not exaggerating. When I miss a day the pictures build up so I’ll tell the rest of the story through photos instead of my fractured prose.

Eating out with Mom

And Her Grandparents

A Cardinal Came to Visit

We Like to read the Morning Paper Together
While Buddy Keeps an Eye on the Bacon
The ladies leave today for New York City for the week. I’m already bummed. Meanwhile Wingman is slowly working his way up the East Coast. He’ll be in Boston this week and then will link up with ladies in the Big Apple. I think he’s a little bit anxious to see them. I can understand his plight.
Bath Time = Bad Hair



Grandpa's Ties Are So Delicous



Trying to Bogart Mom's Drink

Very Proud Grampa

Delivering Snack to Mom



















No comments:

Post a Comment