Friday, June 17, 2016

NYC Reunion Tour & Decked Out

Two Happy People
There were two very happy individuals in a New York City hotel yesterday. I realize I may be vastly understated the real total but I speak only about the people I’m sure of. Wingman’s tour finally arrived in New York City and he made a bee line to the Upper East Side to have some hang time with his daughter. I think the photographic evidence is conclusive that they’re both more than happy with this development. When we spoke this past Tuesday Wingman related how hard it was being away for this tour with his daughter growing up seemingly each day. I’d forgotten how much they do change at this age and could feel his frustration for being absent.
She Couldn't' Stop Smiling
That was all fixed yesterday and my granddaughter even took her daddy out for a tour of her new favorite place – Central Park. He had to leave all too soon to return to the concert venue to do the rock star thing. My daughter got to take in the show last night and reported this morning that it was epic. I think I should change that total to three very happy people.
Wingman at Work Last Night

And Afterwards - on the Floor
I was left with the mundane work of continuing the move across the street. My movie collection made the trip last night. That’s not a small undertaking and much heavier than it sounds. I also helped out a little bit with the deck construction. That help consisting of carrying some very heavy planking out to the framework. The contractor accused me of showing off when I started out carrying two boards at a time (his nickname for me after our rock excavation effort this past weekend is “Kong”). He said I would be down to one board at a time shortly. I, who had been planning to do exactly that, felt honor bound to continue with two boards until I finished (it’s a guy thing). Thank God for Motrin. 
Deck Progress

Earlier in the day I stopped by at lunch time to see how things were going and found my future next door neighbor feeding the construction crew. I've remarked before how lucky we are int eh neighbor department - looks like that streak will continue.

Neighborly Lunch
I was finally able to connect on the phone last night with my favorite son. He’d been trying to get a hold of me all week but was blocked by my efforts with the new house and the deluge of movies. He and the ABFA contingent will be coming down for Fathers’ Day on Sunday and combined with tomorrow’s return of the NYC ladies my weekend is definitely going down in the win column. Oh, and today just happens to be Friday, the first one of the week, and we all know what that means!








No comments:

Post a Comment