Monday, June 6, 2016

Corner Painting

Time for a Hair Cut - She Can Get a Good Grip Now
I got a break from lugging all our junk across the street yesterday thanks to Mother Nature. Since it was supposed to rain for the entire day I decided on Friday that I would finally get around to painting the master bedroom in the new house on Sunday so I wouldn’t be sodden. It’s illustrative that the only room my wife is allowing me to paint is the master bedroom where we should be the only ones to see any mistakes made. Early on it looked like she was absolutely correct in her assessment of my painting abilities. I was jumping back and forth trying to police up the odd spot of misplaced paint which seemed to jump off the brush to alight in decidedly unwelcome locations. I eventually modified my technique to minimize the damage. Patience will never be my strong suit and painting the border next to the ceiling called for lots of that.
Before

After
After a full afternoon of slinging paint and occasional binge cursing the room was complete. The rain prevented a summary inspection/execution by the commander in chief so I can sneak over there tonight and fix up anything that needs it. My sister and brother in law took advantage of the invalid status of my daughter and drove up yesterday afternoon to spend time with her and my granddaughter. As they are wont to do they also brought a huge basket of goodies for their recovering niece. The best part was their company which did wonders for the housebound daughter. A very large part of the healing process involves being surrounded by family and friends. These two bring with them the ability to lift spirits even when not required. Of course this afforded them the opportunity to hang with their grand-niece which I can attest is medicinal in its own right.
Getting to Know Her Great Aunt/Uncle

Never a More Appropriate Title

My Sister Sizing her up For a First Cupcake Baking Experience
Buddy continues his sentence to purgatory for crimes against upholstery. My wife actually started to greet him yesterday before she remembered what her favorite couch looks like. I feel bad for him but I’m not courageous enough to attempt any kind of defense. She may look small but she can be very dangerous. It doesn’t help that he gets aggressive every time he sees the granddaughter either. Even I consider that indefensible. With all my wife’s absences over the past year I think he’s spent too much time where I’m the only game in town and resents having to share me with anyone. Of course, he could just be an A-Hole and I’m too blind to see it.
I Think my Wife is Enjoying the Visit

Yep, Definitely Barber Time


My daughter has recovered enough to go back to work today, at least from the computer at home. She had planned on being in NYC all week but her very understanding boss shifted that visit to next week. This goes down in the silver lining category for her appendectomy; I get an entire additional week with the First Blog Reader. She likes it when I pick her up because she gets much higher in the air. If nothing else I’ve got my height going for me. 













No comments:

Post a Comment