Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Musquetera Massing

At last my time of walking on eggs shells around the house to insure it remained clean (make that sterile)is over. Late last night the Maine Musquetera pulled into town with her sister and the accompanying decibel level rose as well. Unbeknownst to me my wife had commissioned the purchase of yet another bougainvillea plant which arrived with them. I have a long standing battle with the three she already has which have, at times, threatened to seize control of the dining room. While I love my wife’s green thumb and need to be surrounded by plant life, I always look at the arrival of a new one as yet another challenge to keep alive during her absences.
The Musqueteras Last Night
The ladies are journeying to New York City today to see On Your Feet on Broadway. Its testimony to my wife’s many trips to the Big Apple that she didn’t agonize about the drive down to Connecticut, well, at least not for more than fifteen minutes. It was nice to see the musqueteras together again; they really are sisters of the soul. It also offered a break in the spousal re-education program my wife annually pursues after her return from her tropical winter sojourns.
Today is also the day of birth of the sun source of cantankerosity – my Cantankerous Friend. While I justifiably give him a lot of crap about his deluded political views he remains the close friend I’ve known since 3rd grade in Lincoln School. The next ten years we were almost like brothers and we both ended up pursuing a military career, although he chose the slightly less noble, seafaring variety of same. He’s got a heart of gold that he jealously guards behind his façade of heartless rhetoric. I’d want him next to me in a fight and that’s the highest praise possible from an infantryman.

The Birthday Boy and I
I apologize in advance that today’s pictures of my granddaughter are a whole day old. As I was dodging busily preparing Latinas around the house this morning I settled down to view my daily dose of pictures provided by my daughter. To my abject disappointment there were no new pictures. I know the Wingman flew back into L.A. yesterday so I’m thinking reunion activities superseded providing granddad’s daily fix. While I applaud that possibility, day old pictures are still awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment