Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Confused Robins and BoSox

Indignant Robin This Morning
I looked out the front door this morning and saw some very confused robins. They were hopping around the driveway obviously looking for nest building material. They had to use the driveway because snow still covers the entire yard. Even last year’s humongous snow pack had pretty much fled by this time. I have it on good authority the snow will be vanquished by the end of the week and we can get back to the whole “spring” thing.
Sox Are Back!
A certain sign of spring manifested itself yesterday when the 2016 edition of the Boston Red Sox took to the frigid Cleveland field to win going away. I think my generation will be the last New Englanders who remember when the Sox defined the sports scene around here and yesterday would have been akin to a regional holiday. The Sox’ success has led to complacency and the emergence of the Patriots as the dominant franchise has redefined the environment.
Fortunately I’m still a member of that generation so I’m predictably juiced about the return of the BoSox. This could be a very entertaining team if they keep fat boy on the bench and play truly hungry players. David Price looks like a bargain as the highest paid pitcher in baseball and Mookie Betts, who homered yesterday, could be their next superstar. I know it’s only one game, but as a true Red Sox fan, I’m now convinced they’ll win the World Series this year.

I explored another facet of the internet yesterday as I was dragooned into securing Broadway tickets and hotel reservations for a musquetera reunion in New York City next week. Apparently a full week’s worth of exposure to me required a vacation for my beleaguered wife. In reality her friends have missed her almost as much as I did and want to get together. They’ll be seeing the Gloria Estefan based musical, On Your Feet. I think it’s a safe bet to predict there’ll be some dancing in the aisles in a certain section of the audience.






No comments:

Post a Comment