Monday, April 18, 2016

Descending Quiet

Yesterday was the kind of day my battered head needed after two consecutive nights of celebrating. After breakfast with the Keene Friend and the obligatory drive by my mother’s old house to staunch the flow of nostalgia we set off for Worcester. There was a brief stop to discuss my interpretation of the speed limit laws with a member of Westminster, MA’s finest; luckily we got along swimmingly.
The rest of the day kind of oozed by as recovery operations took precedence. I’ve discovered going to the grocery store with my other half back on station takes a lot more time. I think she wants me to appreciate the time and effort she puts into the meals she prepares. I on the other hand classify the grocery store as shopping and am always looking for methods to minimize my stay.
It was a brilliant day with the neighbors across the street throwing some sort of ethnic party while the current owners of our future home were busily moving out. My wife disappeared with the next door Mafioso while I settled in for some Red Sox and inner eyelid inspections. My respite was briefly shattered when my wife called to report she was sending over a contractor to talk about the deck we want to put on the new house. I apologized to the guy when he showed up that I couldn’t even give him the dimensions yet because my wife and I had discussed the concept of having a deck but not what it would look like or how big and it couldn’t proceed forward until late May after we close. These semi-critical details were left out when my wife did the summoning.

She eventually did return to tackle those details with me and we finally took a break to watch a couple of movies together. This was interrupted by a FaceTime call from California where the First Blog Reader had just finished thoroughly entertaining her parents with an extended laughing performance. She apparently thought Wingman’s sheet changing technique was hilarious. They sent us a video which I’ll try and put up tomorrow. She was a little fussy until she heard her grandmother’s voice (which in all honesty is very hard to ignore). It was cool to see the new parents realizing how much fun one the young things can be. Their hearts are irrevocably taken, along with every else who’s met the young lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment