Thursday, April 28, 2016

Alone Again, Naturally

So, she’s off again, winging her way to LaLa Land to assume the grandmother (abuela – por favor) role in the first person. Wingman shortly heads out on his farewell tour and that means day care is called for. I’ve got these early morning runs to Logan International Airport down to a science. In another six or seven hundred tries I might figure out the Central Parking Garage there.
The Standard Farewell Picture at Logan
Note to self – when using Spanish words in a word document – figure out how to re-set the spell check back to English afterwards (and a heartfelt shout out to Microsoft for automatically changing it to Spanish without asking). You wouldn’t want to see one of these posts without a robust spell check. 
I'm Not Sure I Need All the Practice I'm Getting Lately
Back to my geographical bachelorhood status (again); while I surprised myself once more as to how much I’m already missing her, I’m genuinely glad she gets to spend some quality time with the ever more precocious First Blog Reader. Today was doubly fun because I had the prospect of rushing back to Worcester for the monthly board meeting. Nothing starts a day off better than listening to politicians egg each other on to talk more than needed.
Namesake at the Castle
Meanwhile I’ve been watching my namesake nephew make serial posts on Facebook concerning his ongoing, first ever, trip to Florida and all things Disney. I was about the same age he is now when I made my first pilgrimage to Disneyworld. This was something pre-ordained for my entire generation due to the Wonderful World of Color at 7pm on Sundays where we watched Walt explain what Disneyworld would become. I’m glad to see the Magic Kingdom is still living up to its name; if my nephew’s reactions are any indication.
I was rightfully taken to task by a reader for not posting more photos of the grandpuppy as religiously as I do for the granddaughter. Granted it would daunting for any creature to try to compete with her for cuteness but if there is a canine category Riggins would certainly dominate. I blame my son who set his mother up for shared photos but failed to do so for me. So I will alternate photos when I can get them.


















No comments:

Post a Comment