Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hardcore Inspecting

You Can See Why I Missed Her
First of all let me thank my daughter for rectifying her grievous error of yesterday when she was late posting my daily dose of pictures of my granddaughter (it’s not as if a working mother of an infant didn’t have better things to do). She not only furnished a multitude of pictures in recompense but today marks the monthly release of her 1-second a day video which does literally that; compiles a daily series of one second videos. If you’re a Facebook friend I shared it with you and challenge you not to smile while seeing it. I think I’ve exceeded two dozen views, but that’s me.
Just Can't Get Enough of Her

But You Probably Already Figured that Out
I had a big day yesterday because I was back in the future home doing the required home inspection. It just keeps getting better. The house has obviously been extremely well maintained and there were only a couple of easily remedied issues. It turns out the current owners are huge electronic game enthusiasts as there were hundreds of game boxes around. This is good news for certain movie lovers (moi) because they installed a serious sound system in my future man cave. I’m not sure how it’s all connected but that’ll be for the Geek Squad to figure out. I’m finally going to be able to cascade the sound to conspicuous consumption levels and since its mostly underground I won’t have to worry about disturbing the neighbors. I only have to worry about a certain Panamanian.
Musqueteras in NYC
Speaking of my Favorite Panamanian she and her musquetera squad were taking the Big Apple by storm yesterday. She took time out to mandate I connect via FaceTime with her during the inspection so she could view the house again. I could almost hear the wheels turning in her head as my “Honey Do” list increased exponentially. She and the ladies really liked the play although my wife opined that On Your Feet didn’t pass what she calls the “Mama Mia test”. I think she’s seen Mama Mia seven times and would gladly see it another dozen (it’s a dancing queen thing). She now judges every theater experience by that lofty standard. She and the squad re-deploy home tonight.
At The Theater

View from the Seats - Ticketmaster Came Through

Outside the Theater
I used my dateless status to see a movie she would have abhorred last night in Hardcore Henry. If the opening credits of a movie features bullets entering faces and throats being cut than you have a pretty good idea for what’s in store. Non-stop shooting, stabbing, fist fighting, and the odd humorous Sharlto Copley appearance ensued; all told from the point of view of the hero, literally. I was reminded of watching my son play video games which I was too old to be trapped into. It was interesting to watch him venture down passageways dispatching all who came into view with a variety of weapons – that’s Hardcore Henry.

It was jarring at times trying to figure out what exactly was happening as the view swung wildly as Henry mowed his way through a horde of Russian gangsters and Moscow subway crowds. He’s a cyborg trying to find his kidnapped wife while Copley plays a mysterious helper who rebounds nicely after getting killed in a number of gruesome ways. I liked this which I’ll probably have to apologize for at some point in the future but the movie makers took chances to really imbed the viewer into the eyes of the action hero. It doesn’t always work well but it was a hell of a ride. When Henry finally reaches the end of the long line of people trying to kill him, he pulls his own electronic eye out of its socket and uses the wiring to decapitate the villain, like I said, kind of a violent movie. It was all very Russian.







No comments:

Post a Comment