Thursday, April 7, 2016

Gremlin Attack

I’m facing a determined gremlin-wave attack this morning so this will be a short posting. You’ll have to make do with just pictures of my singularly gorgeous granddaughter. The other picture (below) is of the “Roothuggers” back in our heyday. I’ve written before about this bunch with whom I’ve enjoyed a couple reunions during the past few years before. At certain points in an Army career the Army sends officers to professional schools for an entire year, the Command and General Staff College and later on the War College. This has the dual effect of professionally educating officers while also providing a break from service in tactical units which can be consumptive (and almost too much fun).
The Roothuggers after a Performance
I'm in Middle Holding a Pitcher
The Roothuggers are my group from Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. We’ve stayed in touch over the years and I still count them as very good friends. I missed the last reunion due to the whole granddaughter arrival era but hope another comes up soon. We would dominate karaoke night at the officer’s club on Friday Night back in 1992-93 (see – Frist Friday roots run deep). They did all the singing while I formed a rabid cheering crowd in the audience (I’m not allowed to sing, even in church – it’s a measure towards preserving everyone’s sanity). One of them sent out this photo, I’m in the middle, somewhat uncharacteristically holding a pitcher of beer.

We had a very long conversation via FaceTime with the California contingent last night where the First Blog Reader was particularly entertaining despite a warning from her mother that she was deficient in the napping arena for the day. Some sad news came up that the father of one of their good friends passed away this past weekend in Connecticut. In a silver lining development, Wingman is flying in for the funeral this weekend and we’ll run down to Hartford to have lunch with him. Got to go, gremlins have breached the outer defenses.






No comments:

Post a Comment