Saturday, April 2, 2016

Fridayed

Last night was a true celebration of the returned Favorite Panamanian. She joined us at Brew City to celebrate the first Friday of the week and immediately took the operations manager to task for his poor attendance record at First Friday. She was the hit of the party and put a lie to the belief that First Friday could get any more fun. It’s amusing that I can be surprised at her ability to create fun. We were having so much of that, the bar staff asked us to quiet down a couple times – pretty impressive for the oldest group in the place. It didn’t hurt that the most excellent boss picked up the tab for the entire group at the end of the day – as stated – most excellent.
The First Friday Group Yesterday at Brew City
To further celebrate her return I took my wife out to dinner again. We went to Val’s in nearby Holden, the place my wife hosted my daughter’s baby shower in August. While we waited for a table I received a text from Keene Friend 2 who was summoning us to join them at Margarita’s in Keene. While severely tempted for an off the cuff thunder run north I’m luckily married to a saner individual. Once we reached our table the Next Door Mafioso appeared as they were eating across the room. She took us to imagined task for eating at “her” restaurant. It was a very good time.
Wife at Val's Last Night Curbing Thunder Runs
Now fully lubricated, upon our return home I took to the airwaves, well at least the telephone. I contacted Keene Friend 1 to ascertain why he wasn’t in firmer control of the social scene in Keene that required the Keene Friend 2 to summon help from Worcester. He agreed to an inspection of affairs in Keene in a couple weeks. I also left one of my patented Friday night messages for my sister and we also shared some time with a certain young lady (see photos below) in California. We made an appointment for today  to tour the house down the street that went for sale this week.

We ended up going to sleep fairly early – a distressing trend with the increase of years. It had the predictable effect of waking up at 3am. Instead of turning over repeatedly in frustration I came downstairs and turned on late night television. I was switching between the movie channels and caught several of my favorite movies’ most poignant scenes. The Lance Henrickson/wife scene from Powder and shipwrecked Tom Hanks seeing the moon rise in Joe Versus the Volcano never fail to impress and I even caught the Bo Derek scene from “10”. None of this helped with insomnia, of course, but it did kill some time, which was the point.







No comments:

Post a Comment