Monday, April 4, 2016

Hasty Conclusions

So that restful weekend was sacrificed at the altar of our future. Somehow, and I’m still trying to figure this out, we bought a house over the weekend. This is the danger when I go shopping with my wife! Actually we’re both kind of shell shocked by the rapid turn of events. I wrote yesterday that we had submitted one of several offers for a house just down the street. As Sunday dragged on and we hadn’t heard back from the real estate agent I figured we’d lost out. We were okay with that albeit a little disappointed.
Our Future Home
In the middle of some binge watching of Better Call Saul the missing agent called and led off her call with the word “congratulations”! I heard a distinct squawk from the phone as my wife had picked up the upstairs phone. After getting the ball rolling with the whole “your next step is” process, we made serial calls to friends and family letting them know about this unforeseen development. Both of our kids just shook their heads in amusement at the impetuousness of their parents.
Living Room - Room to Party!
While I was making those calls I kept saying how excited I was and I realized I really am. We love the convenience of the neighborhood almost as much as we love the neighbors so this gives us a chance to finally put down some roots. I know I’ve said that before but this feels real. This new house has a separate TV room in the basement and room to host parties again which was kind of restricted in our current abode. If you’re a regular reader of Frail Deeds consider yourself invited to the house warming party. We close in late May which gives us the entire month of June to move across the street since our lease runs out at the end of June. Partay!!!!!

Dining Room

Kitchen

Basement TV Room
Renting for the past year has kind of chafed on me at times and it looks like out mortgage payments are going to be less than our monthly rental payment. I’ve spent a lot of the past few hours on the phone with real estate agents, lawyers, home inspectors, and USAA. I’ve got to say it again – I just love USAA, they are so easy to work with. We’re going to finance the home through them again. I guess we officially Worcesterites now, couldn’t be happier.






No comments:

Post a Comment