Monday, December 21, 2015

Close but Stogie-less

I’m wearing my “Manning Face” today after my fantasy football team once again roared through the regular season to earn a playoff bye only to lose in the first playoff game. Just like my facial namesake I put up gaudy regular season numbers only to fade in the glare of playoffs. Yesterday the Keene Friend inflicted a painful loss when he won by.2 points. Yep, point friggin two! If Green Bay had scored a touchdown from the one yard line instead of kicking a field goal, I would have won. If any of Manning’s (yep, recurring theme) receivers could catch a single pass in the second half against Pittsburgh then I win. But I’m not bitter. If this had happened against the Cantankerous Friend I might be suicidal. It was still another fun year in the family league although the commissioner checked out mid-year when his team was obviously heading nowhere.
Dammit!
The day had started out very promising. We awoke in my favorite son’s house after the all too fun Saturday night with the ABFA’s peerless family. After some minor reconstructive activity we went out for breakfast at a favorite local diner and prepared the deployment plans for Christmas. Like, I said, a very promising start.
Gronk!
The Patriots continued the upward swing with a convincing if scary win over the lowly Tennessee Titans. Brady was pretzled for a terrifying sack at one point that had visions of 2008 and Pollard dancing in every New England fan’s head. He emerged unscathed and the win secured a First Round bye in the playoffs although the war of attrition continued with several more injuries. The league persevered in their attempts to muzzle the Patriots, calling a very questionable offensive pass interference violation. If the play had stood I would have won in fantasy football, just sayin.

I’m a little late posting today because I just finished the annual Christmas letter. It turns out a lot happened in our little family over the past twelve months. Looking back over the blog was helpful in reconstructing all the moving pieces involved. The most moving piece was, certainly, a little bundle of perfection out in California. Nope, I haven’t relented in my quest to convince anybody reading this how lucky I am to be a grandfather for the first time. I keep waiting for it and the constant smile to wear off. No end in sight, I’ll keep you posted.
Repeat Photo But I can't Resist

Look How Much Bigger I am

Already Mastering her Look of Scorn
I KNEW Women were Born With This!

Tired but Happy Mom

Guardian Attack Cat

Sleep Well

No comments:

Post a Comment